Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Sea Bands and other nonsensical nonsense....

A Sea Band...
Has anyone ever seen one of those lovelies I'm sporting above?  I'm betting some of you have.  It's called a Sea Band and I'm actually sporting one on BOTH wrists.  It is supposed to press (with this little white ball) on your wrist (three fingers below the bend) on a pressure point that is supposed to help with nausea.  I must say- I felt AWFUL this morning and when I got home from the store- I put them both on (it actually says to wear both for optimal benefit) and slowly but surely I've felt decent.  I still feel queasy- but nothing, and I mean, NOTHING like I felt.  The last three days have seen my nausea take a turn for the worse, and nothing I did made it any better.  Consuming more protein, eating smaller meals, snacking frequently, eating ginger snaps (they are really quite disgusting when you buy the all natural ones without any extra CRAP in them...), nothing I did made it ok except, lying horizontally.   Again, with six children all needing something, it was next to impossible to lie horizontally all the time.  I did manage to do it quite a bit, because not only am I sporting these beasts, but pretty soon, I'll be forced to wear the thigh high, open toed compression stockings....  I will be a sight to behold.  How my husband will control himself around me, well, it's not a PG-13 thought, so I'll stop there.... ;)

So onto the other nonsense I've been battling in my brain lately.  Loneliness.  Serious loneliness.  I'm talking about a loneliness that is driving me to want to move away.  I feel like I have no friends and the more pregnant I get, the more I feel like hiding in my house under my rock.  The safe haven of my home where no one will judge me.  I know it sounds ridiculous, but my pregnancy hormones are just about that.  Ridiculous.  I convinced myself this morning that all my friends (all three of them) are going about with their lives and could gives a rats pooey about me and my pathetic sea band, compression totin self over here lying on my couch having one fab-u-lous pity party...

I can cure my loneliness by inviting myself over to anyone's house, but the way I've felt lately, I would rather just hide in my house and feel disgusting than put on a happy, I'm feeling fine face.  I am in no mood for that face at this time... ;)

But it's something I struggle with.  Loneliness.  And that has led to some serious thought about not homeschooling my now, 6th grader this fall.  I know it's what is best for her, but my sanity and depression issues, are kind of trumping that and it makes me feel worse.  Will I be able to teach her what she needs to know a whole ENTIRE school year?  Not just half a semester?  I've inquired about re-registering her for the fall at her school.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do.  I am in no way in any condition to make decisions at this point, but I do realize I need to.  I also need to make sure I'm really ready to move because once an opening happens and we refuse, we are on probation for two years and could potentially miss the opportunity to move back south during that probation time.  It's very hard and there's no "right or wrong" answer here.  I of course, haven't been praying enough about it.  Just having my pity parties.  Which I've almost perfected...

This is going to be short because one of the worst things is a Debbie Downer and I deal with Debbie Downers a lot, so before I join them, I'm ending this blog quickly.  Hopefully, with this nausea calming down to a point, I can once again join the realms of humanity and perhaps when I enter the second trimester (in just two in half short weeks!) I can make a rational decision....hopefully.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment