Saturday, July 12, 2014

Announcement!

Prego announcement....
So, it's 10:30 on a Saturday night and I'm pretty sure I'm going to throw up because I've been up so darn long today (since 4AM!) and my body is screaming for me to go to sleep-but my poor sweetie had to fix our kitchen sink and he was so grouchy and I felt so bad for him that I told him we were a team and we stick together.  ( as I prod my eyelids open with toothpicks and my speech is slurred terribly because of exhaustion- we're a team, buddy- I wuv yoooooo....)  

Now, of course, when he asked me to get a rag so he could clean that absolutely disgusting green/black slime that's been collecting there for 4 years I nearly ran away screaming as I re-tasted my dinner....

But to the picture at hand- this is what I had seen a slight version of on Pinterest recently and wanted to give it a shot.  I have to admit, I wasn't expecting anything fabulous- my camera has a timer, so I knew we could "logistically" do it, but to what extent?  Would I be running and jumping over everyone 5,000 times?  How long would the almost 17 month old stand it?  

Would you believe this was the second shot we took?  And would you also believe not many people figured out the whole Confederacy 5 North 2 meme?  (seriously, we moved from the south- with 5 kids, we gave birth to 1 kid so far up here, pregnant with the other one....)  Anyway- my hubby and I probably enjoyed it way more than anyone else will get it- but that's ok. That's what makes our relationship so incredibly awesome.  He really is my best friend in the whole world.  

So we announced with this picture.  Sent it to as many family/friends back home as we could think of.  Of course, I posted it to Facebook as well.  It's funny-I had anticipated the odd comments to flood- I'm not really sure why.  It's almost as if I expected everyone to just think us fools.   Which, they may internally, but so far, the response has been way better than I expected.  Even the extremely kind gentleman at the Ford place we ordered parts for our bus from, he shook my hand yesterday and congratulated me and said how blessed we were.  It was rather amazing!  I am pretty sure there are people out there who are extremely firm in the belief that we should only be having 1 or 2 children if any children at all to save our world- but if they are out there- they're not saying anything to us.  

So, it's out there now.  For all the world to see.  I'm excited.  I think for the first time in many, many weeks, I feel better- minus the nausea-that's still going extremely strong at 11 weeks.  I am less confident this will magically disappear in two weeks-but I feel better as far as my mental status goes.  I think I had been preparing myself for such a shocking comeback that I had almost aided in making myself slightly crazy.  (ok, I already am crazy, but this is a different crazy...)

Thank you, Jesus, that You are in control.  Please help us daily, hourly, secondly, when we forget Who it is we follow.  Help us to serve You in the manner you find most pleasing, and Jesus?  Thank you for this gift of life You, have blessed us with.  We are so undeserving of your gifts and we hope we can glorify You in all that we do.  We love you, Jesus.


No comments:

Post a Comment