Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Musings....

I can not believe it.  I actually remembered two Friday's in a row to do my little "Freaky Friday" segment!  The stars have aligned nicely.....and speaking of stars....

Have you heard about the meteor shower that peaked Wednesday evening/Thursday early pre-dawn morning?

Well, that was a real treat to sit outside with my kiddos and observe very late (until MIDNITE PEOPLE!!!) some pretty cool observations.... I'll try to post a link if I can...


Perseid Meteor Shower pictures!!

You can click on that link to see a quick 45 second segment on some pretty amazing pictures of the meteor shower.  One of the pictures towards the end with the extremely long, white, meteor is one of MANY we saw as we just laid on the driveway that late night....

So I jumped ahead of myself a bit for my "Freaky Friday" show.

Sunday, the hubster left for a week of training at that "shhhhh-they train batman and superman there" place I can't mention.  He wasn't learning any super human tricks this week, just how locks work.  Don't know HOW that will help his job.....maybe he's hit a mid life crisis and he's going to become a home invader....    Just kiddin'  I'm just excited he's coming home because I have to tell you, I do NOT function well at home, alone with seven kids...I guess, I should probably just say I don't function well at all, period....

So he left Sunday morning.

Sunday night, oh, about 12 hours EXACTLY after he left, the fire alarms in the house, ON EVERY FLOOR, starting going off.  Of course, crazycatholicmomma- they all go off because they're all so neatly woven together in wires hidden beneath the surface of your house!!  So, I've been in bed exactly one hour and these alarms start barking at us.  I wake up, grab my phone and head out the door of my bedroom- I smell nothing, see nothing and as quick as they started beeping they stopped.  I called my superhero hubs and thankfully he answered.  It started going off again, this time, the little lady trapped in the alarms started in with "fire fire", "fire fire."   But she quickly stopped as fast as she started as well.  I was, at this point, in a state of complete panic.  What the HECK was going on?

I checked the water heater, the stove, and the fire place.  Not that she was screaming carbon monoxide, but that was the problem the last time they started beeping in the middle of the night.  The kids were all on the front porch, minus the almost 7 year old who screamed at everyone who tried to get her up, and promptly went back to sleep.  I wasn't too worried about a real fire at that point, so I let it slide.  I can assure anyone, I'll sock her in the nose and drag her out like a caveman if she does that little stunt during a real fire....

My superhero hubs calmed me down and I got everyone back in bed.  I didn't fall asleep for a while and actually slept in my clothing the next two nights after that....

One night down.  Four to go....

Monday started band camp for the boy in the family.  He loves band camp.  I love it for him.  I think he's finally found his nitch.  He enjoys it tremendously.  I am very happy for him.  He was even out this week in the backyard practicing marching and playing his mellophone.  Super sweet!

Tuesday I ordered another set of bunk beds for this crazy house of crazy seven kids.  This will be a fun transition as we switch the older two girls with the younger three girls rooms around.  The new bunk beds will go in with the three younger ones and eventually, unless we finish the basement, the younger four girls will share that room.

Tuesday was also the day the Taz decided underwear was not supposed to be worn on your rear....

I can't make this stuff up...
That's why I must take pictures constantly in my house because I don't want people to think I am making this stuff up!!  Honestly!  This is how my life rolls.  See a pair of underwear on the floor?  Put it on your head!   Who needs to pee in the potty?  Not Taz!  She's happy as a lark with Olaf panties on her sweet little head....Speaking of Taz.  She gave herself a nap today....we thought we had lost her.  Ran around the house like mad cats covering up crap and finally went in her room and found her sound asleep.  ON HER BED....

Wednesday was nice because we decided to pray the Rosary together.  It was so sweet to hear the almost 7 year old be able to say all the prayers....in a timely fashion.  See, a few years ago, she desperately wanted to pray the Rosary.  I mean, have her own decade to pray by herself. 

It was very painful....she was soooooooooooooooooooooo slow and took soooooooooooooooo long to say each prayer.....  But now, she can wiz right through it and it almost made me sad....growing up so fast.


Here are a few of my baby girls waiting to pray...I love these little people...
My tiniest peanut, the little Lui, is talking more and more now.  I tried to post a video, but I don't know if it will work.  More importantly, if it works, I don't know if you'll be able to hear her actually talking.  It's ADORABLE!!!







Not sure that video will load but I tried.  One day I shall take this technology and finally learn how to use it....when I have about 10 extra hours in the day....

Lui also has learned a new stunt this week.   Superman hubs is gonna be sad he missed it-but hopefully she'll do it again soon!!
She can sit up on her own!!!!

She's so talented!!!!


So this week was pretty busy-next week is even busier....we only have three more weeks until school starts....life is going way too quick....

I'm just glad the superman hubs in driving home as we speak....

Life will get back to some semblance of normal.....right?

No truer words have I found.....
By the way- google crazy family images.

Nothing quite makes you feel good about your crazy than to see other even crazier crazy.  Trust me...

No comments:

Post a Comment